Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Migraine time!

Thank God(dess) for drugs and perscription plans.

I have had intermitant migraines for the past 3 days. I don't know if it is the same headache continuing to come back or new ones each time. I am happy that the imetrex I take usually kills the migraine for 4-6 hours, instead of the 1/2 hour of relief I previously experienced. Unfortunately, I'm drained of all energy. I'm not sure if it is the migraine or the meds, but I definitely need a nap.

People frequently speak of having migraines, but I'm not talking about a bad headache. I'm talking about lying on the floor crying in pain. Nausea that resembles seasickness. The feeling that my skull has become too small for my brain, and my brain will soon leak out of my skull. That any light is going to burn through my eyes to the back of my head. That my eyes will soon pop out of their sockets.

I don't want to be a "headache snob", but when someone tells me of their migraines and how a cup of tea (or chicken soup or whatever) relieves it, I want to scream. Of course, screaming makes the headache worse, because all noises sound amplified and distorted.

It's like comparing a blackhead to skin cancer.

Ok, rant is over. I feel better to have vented, or maybe the drugs just took effect.

No comments: