Wednesday, November 04, 2009

I'm back!

I've decided to reopen my blog. I'm not sure why I stopped, but I did miss it.

So what have I been doing?

First, I haven't been well. I've been averaging a surgery a year. Two years ago they removed my girly-parts, and last year I had knee surgery. Now it looks like they want my tonsils. The surgery I really want is the lap-band bariatric surgery, but I only get enough sick time from work for one surgery a year. I've done all the preliminaries for the lap-band, but I keep having to delay it.

As for work, I'm still employed in an inner city school district IT department. I've been there almost 9 years. It's not a bad job and my boss is terrific.

As for my family, well darling daughter has graduated from high school, and is attending Indiana University of Pennsylvania.


And my family has grown. First, we added a Pomeranian, named Pina Colada.



And most importantly, I have a new daughter who I will call Little Darling. No pictures, because, technically, she isn't mine until the adoption is final. She is legally still a foster child, and according to the law in PA, we are not allowed to publicize any foster kid's picture or name (because we might embarrass the birth family--yeah--I'm not getting into my opinion of that law--the adoption is pending).

She is 10 and just wonderful! It looks like the adoption will be scheduled for either this or the next month!

Anyway, I'm blogging again.

No comments: